users@jpa-spec.java.net

[jpa-spec users] Re: Feedback on the JPA 2.2 MR process...

From: Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 17:14:22 +0100

Hi Scott,

On 12/11/15 4:33 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to be more clear about why I am disappointed about not yet being
> able to participate in discussions about what will be included in the
> JPA 2.2 (MR). I expected there to be earlier discussion about which
> items are being added to the initial JPA 2.2 draft specification. I
> also expected the discussion about which items (JPA spec jiras) to
> include, to occur openly on an expert group mailing list. Instead, I
> happened to read on the EE mailing list, that a plan of possible items
> that will be under consideration for JPA 2.2, are available via [4]
> (as well as [2]).

The list of items for 2.2 is still open. Do you have anything for 2.2
you want to have included and wasn't explicitly mentioned anywhere?
 From what I got to know you're interested mainly in better and/or
tighter JPA/CDI integration, which I'm seeing to be quite important, right?

> By having the JPA expert group discussions publicly, we will follow an
> open process that allows anyone to express their feedback, for all to
> see. I think that all expert groups should *default to open* or
> answer for why they are not yet open or what their plan is to be more
> open.
>
> I do *like* that for the JavaOne presentation, feedback on the items
> proposed for JPA 2.2, were encouraged. However, the (potential) JPA
> expert group should be (publicly) kept in the loop as well. The
> (potential) JPA expert group should be part of discussion about which
> items are (possibly) under consideration for 2.2.

I tried to notify people through jira where possible - since the current
plan is to have an MR I'd like to focus mainly on unfinished tasks from
2.1 + resolve some existing issues filed in JIRA within the scope of MR.
I think that adds transparency to the work itself.

thanks,
--lukas