users@jpa-spec.java.net

[jpa-spec users] [jsr338-experts] Re: proposal : _at_Entity on interfaces

From: Oliver Gierke <ogierke_at_vmware.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:57:52 -0700

I fear we get into a philosophical discussion here. Objects have state *and* behavior, which is what especially proponents of Domain Driven Design emphasize. Why should JPA get in the way of using objects this way? I always considered JPA an API to allow mapping objects onto a relational store, not creating Java representations of data tables.

Cheers,
Ollie

--
/**