jsr338-experts@jpa-spec.java.net

[jsr338-experts] Re: question regarding jta-data-source

From: michael keith <michael.keith_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 09:14:37 -0400

Hi Christian,

The data source referenced by the jta-data-source name is a DataSource
provided by the container in JNDI. It is the same one that any
application could look up and use, hence it is a javax.sql.DataSource.

XADataSource is an internal type used by the driver and container to
coordinate XA, but users of the data source are not expected to
participate at that level. The JPA provider acts like a client of the
data source, using its connections to read and write, so it does not
need to be aware of the XA protocol being implemented underneath.

Hope this makes things clearer.

Regards,
-Mike