users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] Re: The future of JMS 2.1 and Java EE 8

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 17:16:05 +0100

On 06/10/2016 15:57, Werner Keil wrote:

> even if JMS 2.1 is
> withdrawn, I assume the history and documentation of JMS 2.0 and before must survive the java.net <http://java.net>
> shutdown?

Yes, most definitely.

> Any plans for that?

java.net is closing on 28th April 2017, so everything on jms-spec.java.net will need a new home. I'm expecting we'll be
moving everything from java.net to the new place where all the Oracle-led JSRs will be hosted - and that I'll be given
time to make that happen. However I'm (still) waiting for Oracle to make a decision on where that will be, as are all
the other Oracle-led projects projects including GlassFish and Open MQ.

A likely place for the repo would be github.com (where there's already an Oracle area), with community.oracle.com
providing some of the other tools such as forum and wiki, but that's just speculation.

Nigel