users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] Re: Proposal to release Early Draft 1

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 14:57:35 -0700

If you'd like to make comments on the new chapter on JMS MDBs in the Early Draft, please use email as this is actively
being worked on.

For other things, you're welcome to use either email or JIRA. My general thinking: if it's something we've started
actively discussing, then use email. If it is something that we haven't got stuck into, and may not discuss for some
time (including typos in other parts of the spec): then use JIRA, so it doesn't get lost. Feel free to create new issues
(as you have recently done). But please don't worry about which you choose. I'm very happy to get comments.

Topics I consider we're actively discussing are

* JMS MDBS in general
* CDI managed beans as message listeners
* Batch delivery (currently waiting for me to follow up on my last post)

Topics I hope we can get on to soon (these are all listed in the JSR 368 proposal) are

* New ack modes
* Message redelivery to MDBs, listeners

Though I hope we can discuss the overall plan in our meeting next week so we can be a bit more formal and structured
about this.

The current draft has already been sent to the JCP for posting, but please don't let that stop anyone making comments. I
see the EDR as being a snapshot of where we are, intended to stimulate review and feedback.

There's an index to the existing JIRA issues at
https://java.net/projects/jms-spec/pages/JMS21Planning
which may help you find out which ones we have

(Reminder to everyone: you can subscribe to issues_at_jms-spec.java.net to get updates to JIRA)

Nigel