users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] Re: JavaOne

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 09:22:46 +0200

Hi,

Thanks for picking up the discussion.

I know first-hand, because Heather also asked Spec Leads in particular,
that "Adopt-a-JSR" is a key aim of Hackergarten especially at JavaOne. So
while the general description is "Open Source projects" and we also think
about e.g. doing something on Tamaya (John, if you're interested, happy to
have you on join as a very active participant and committer;-) JSRs are
usually in focus on JavaOne.

Which ones are considered more "sexy" or attractive to people is of course
up to the Spec Lead. Especially if the idea of a larger Java EE related
focus track was picked up again, looking at inter-JSR topics like CDI
integration is more likely to happen there or (not with actual code) maybe
at some JEE BOF.

Werner