users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] JMS_SPEC-172: Make it easier to find JMS Resources

From: David Heffelfinger <dheffelfinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 19:56:28 -0400

I'm working on a project where we are using IBM MQ Series as our Message
Oriented Middleware, to allow JNDI lookups to find queues, topics and
connection factories defined in IBM MQ, developers need to create a
.bindings file, as described in
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/967051/understanding-mq-series-bindings-files
.

This bindings file is very cumbersome to create, and the procedure is very
error prone. If there could be a way to map JNDI names to the Message
Oriented Middleware product specific names it would really make things
easier for application developers.

I'm not opposed to using JNDI, it just would be nice to be able to map the
product specific names to the JNDI names defined in the application server,
ideally through an annotation right on the MDB or messaage listener.

Please let me know what you guys think.

David

--
http://ensode.net - A Guide to Java, Linux and Other Technology Topics