users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] Re: Digest for list users_at_jms-spec.java.net

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 10:22:12 +0200

Nigel/all,

Thanks a lot for the update.

Although I have to use earlier JMS versions and currently we tend more
towards a synchronous sender/receiver pair, I also did some evaluations
with MDBs, and feel positive about
* Allowing multiple callback methods (though not everyone likes this)

E.g. one callback for "regular" messages, while others may receive messages
from a dead letter queue or similar queues/topics for errors and unusual
situations. The same MDB could then behave differently, but in a single
place to both regular and irregular messages.

Werner