users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] Re: MessageListener::onMessage Replacement?

From: David Blevins <dblevins_at_tomitribe.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 12:49:19 -0700

Hi George!

Short answer is as it pertains to the MessageListener interface, they are
two sides of the same coin. Not my best presentation ever, but the first
half of this goes into API-level detail on the internals.

 -
https://www.parleys.com/tutorial/java-ee-7-infinite-extensibility-meets-infinite-reuse

This talk is pre EJB 3.2. The proposal mentioned did get into EJB 3.2,
unlocks some potential for JMS to have an annotation-driven MDB API, and is
likely what your friend is talking about.

The state of all this is we got the simplification into EJB 3.2 and now we
need to finish the other side of the coin (JMS MDBs).

-David