users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] [jsr343-experts] (JMS_SPEC-119) Remove reference to password alias

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 10:16:01 +0100

There's an error in the JMS 2.0 spec as submitted. It includes a reference to Java EE password aliases despite this
feature not being included in the final Java EE 7 spec.

I've logged this as a bug in the spec
https://java.net/jira/browse/JMS_SPEC-119

It's too late to update the current release of the spec so we will need to fix this in a maintenance release (the
procedure for correcting errors is fairly straightforward).

Although this is unfortunate and confusing I don't think that it is a problem in practice: the JMS spec makes it clear
that this is really just a cross-reference to a Java EE feature.

Thank you to those who reported this.

If anyone spots any other errors or typos please let me know (or log a JIRA issue). I've started a list at
https://java.net/projects/jms-spec/pages/JMS21Planning#Bugs_in_JMS_2.0

Nigel