users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] [jsr343-experts] Re: Re: (JMS_SPEC-65) Clarify use of NoLocal arg when using createDurableSubscriber

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 18:30:34 +0100

Chris,

Thanks for your comments.

Yes, I agree. If client id is set then the proposed definition works when there are multiple consumers as well as when
there are single consumers. If client id is not set (which is more likely) then noLocal is ignored.

I can't think of a consistent definition of what noLocal would mean if client id was not set , which is why I have
suggested we simply ignore noLocal in that case.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm also thinking of whether we need to clarify the use of noLocal when using shared
non-durable subscriptions. The javadoc currently states "If |noLocal| is set to true then messages published to the
topic by its own connection will not be added to the shared non-durable subscription." My feeling is that this probably
isn't quite right. I may make further proposals soon - suggestions welcome.

Nigel