users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] [jsr343-experts] Re: (JMS_SPEC-90) Provide simpler mechanism to refer to queues and topics in a portable way

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 17:47:46 +0100

On 23/04/2012 11:29, John D. Ament wrote:
> Nigel,
>
> What if we used QueueReference instead of QueueImpl (and TopicReference...TopicImpl)?
>
> John

I don't really mind what it would be called.

We might want to choose a name that reflects
* that it was a implementation class rather than an interface
* that it was independent of JMS provider
* that it implemented javax.jms.Queue or javax.jms.Topic
* that it was a wrapper around a destination type and name

QueueReference would do, if we are able to come to an agreement about the principle of having such a class. Other
suggestions welcome. QueueName comes to mind.

Nigel