users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] [jsr343-experts] Re: JMS 2.0 Early Draft ready for final review

From: Rüdiger zu Dohna <ruediger.dohna_at_1und1.de>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 08:54:32 +0100

We will never be able to completely cut off the "old" APIs, as there are just too much code still using it. Even deprecating the Queue/Topic-Domains will not be that easy with the general spec update policy in place, as Nigel has written down a while back.

I'm in favor to focus on the 99% use case and leave the esoteric requirements to the complicated legacy API that we still have to pull for a long time.