users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] Re: [jsr343-experts] Re: Slides from Devoxx 2011

From: Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 10:50:59 -0600

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 8:16 AM, John D. Ament <john.d.ament_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> Pete,
>
> Actually, the proposal to the EG was around the use of concrete message
> typed objects as the event payloads. Much more robust than what I have
> today in Seam JMS.

But just to be sure we are on the same page, Nobody is proposing
eliminating message-types right? We would still be able to aggregate
properties to messages and do server side filter without requiring parse on
the message-body, right?

I think that's important to keep. I understand users are asking for
XML-message, but having the current way of filtering is important for users
as that tends to scale better on the server's side. The user would still
have an option.