jsr368-experts@jms-spec.java.net

[jsr368-experts] Re: [jms-spec users] Re: JMS 2.0 errata: final request for comments

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 10:39:05 +0000

On 23/12/2014 14:34, Werner Keil wrote:
> Looks OK to me as well.
>
> One question about https://java.net/jira/browse/JMS_SPEC-157
>
> It is proposed that the javadoc for the Connection object’s three createSession methods be changed to make it consistent
> with the Java EE 6 specification and with JMS 2.0 section 12.2.
>
> Why does this refer to Java EE 6? Is this an aspect that has not changed with Java EE 7 since then?

The JIRA issue referenced explains the background to this issue, and particularly how JMS 2.0 incorporated various
incorporate pieces of specification relating to JMS that were previously in Java EE 6, but accidentally introduced an
incompatible change when doing so.

This issue is about maintaining compatibility between Java EE versions. We need to refer to Java EE 6 when deciding what
changes are needed now since it is Java EE 6 that defines the behaviour that Java EE 7 (including JMS 2.0) needs to be
compatible with.

Nigel