jsr343-experts@jms-spec.java.net

[jsr343-experts] Re: (JMS_SPEC-40) Dropping noLocal from shared subscriptions

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:19:11 +0000

On 01/02/2013 14:30, in the thread "Late change: A.3.2 Meaning of noLocal with shared topic subscriptions",
Nigel Deakin wrote:
> Thanks for the responses to my questions on what we should do about the meaning of noLocal with shared topic
> subscriptions (which was listed in A.3.2 as an unresolved issue):
[snip]

> I am going to take this as a consensus that the noLocal parameter doesn't have a useful purpose with shared
> subscriptions and that we should drop it as a feature.
>
> The noLocal parameter will remain for non-shared subscriptions (i.e. no change to the JMS 1.1 methods).
>
> This is now a final call for views before I go ahead and drop this feature.

I think dropping this is a good idea. I have now made the necessary changes. Here are the main changes:

Changes to Session:
                        boolean noLocal)

Changed:
createSharedDurableConsumer(Topic topic, String name, String messageSelector, boolean noLocal)
To:
createSharedDurableConsumer(Topic topic, String name, String messageSelector)

Changes to JMSContext