jsr343-experts@jms-spec.java.net

[jsr343-experts] Re: (JMS_SPEC-43) New API to send a message with async acknowledgement from server

From: Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 11:00:01 -0500

> I'd welcome views on this. (What do HornetQ users use this feature for?)

A Simple example will be using Asynchronous Servlet...

If you have a servlet that's sending a JMS Message, the server thread
will be blocking until the message was persisted and accepted by the
server.

i.e. The server will be blocking on a thread.

The user can instead release the server's thread, and install a
callback upon completion. I.E. a non-blocking approach.

This will be useful for other scenarios such as completing other tasks
after the non-blocked operation has finished.

From what I have seen, the non blocking approach from node.js is a new
trend, and I believe this sort of feature will be useful to support
that style of non-blocking programming.