jsr343-experts@jms-spec.java.net

[jsr343-experts] Re: JMS 2.0 Early Draft is posted

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:11:09 +0000

On 29/02/2012 12:01, Nigel Deakin wrote:
> The JMS 2.0 Early Draft is now posted for formal review. The review period ends on 29 March 2012.
> http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/edr/jsr343/index.html

I've received these comments from a colleague at Oracle (they were actually commented in a previous draft so I'll need
to check they still apply):

p. 11 seems a little dated

1.3, p 14 J2EE -> Java EE

1.4.3, p. 14 EJB 2.0 - replace with current release or just remove version number

p. 16 starement -> statement

2.2 p.17 systems -> system's native client API

2.3 their -> its underlying messaging technology

Figure 2.2 It would be helpful to show the cardinality of these
relationships

3.4.12 "client specified values" is confusing in view of 2 preceding
paragraphs.

3.5 Section name is missing in cross-reference

4.3.8, third paragraph. This is confusing.
Can only one ExceptionListener be registered? How does
"onMessage()" fit in (or was "onException()" meant)?
Why would one want to register an ExceptionListener with
multiple connections? Wouldn't it be better to create a listener
per connection? Can more than one ExceptionListener be set
on a connection?

p. 87 J2EE -> Java EE

p. 100 nessages -> messages

There is some bug in the template that causes the footer for chapter
11 to be used for the 2 appendixes as well.