jsr343-experts@jms-spec.java.net

[jsr343-experts] JMS 2.0 Early Draft is posted

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 12:01:43 +0000

The JMS 2.0 Early Draft is now posted for formal review. The review period ends on 29 March 2012.
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/edr/jsr343/index.html

(The download site seems to have an invalid certificate. I've reported this problem)

Thanks you from me to everyone who has contributed to this draft. (I'll make sure there's an acknowledgement section in
the next release)

What's an Early Draft? This is what the official JSP procedure says:

"Refinement of the draft Specification begins when the PMO posts it to the JCP Website and announces the start of Early
Draft Review. The goal of Early Draft Review is to get the draft Specification into a form suitable for Public Review as
quickly as possible by uncovering and correcting major problems with the draft. Early Draft Review is an early-access
review, and should ideally take place when the Specification still has some unresolved issues. The public's
participation in Early Draft Review is an important part of the process since in the past, comments from the public have
raised fundamental architectural and technological issues that have considerably improved some Specifications."
http://jcp.org/en/procedures/jcp2_8#3.2

I've created a wiki page summarising the content of the early draft here:
http://java.net/projects/jms-spec/pages/JSR343EarlyDraft

Feel free to blog, tweet or whatever.

Nigel