users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Discussion about re-opening a bug: JERSEY-2942

From: Grzesiek <gregory.d3_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 09:29:41 +0200

Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago I've created a bug ticket JERSEY-2942.
<https://java.net/jira/browse/JERSEY-2942> Unfortunately this ticket has
been closed quite fast with the status "Works as designed". But I believe
this is a misunderstanding.
In the issue's comments you can read a short discussion on this topic.

Generally, IMO current Jersey behavior is quite ridiculous, because when
having exactly matching method to serve a *GET /api/users/1* request -
Jersey chooses method annotated with *_at_DELETE*. No other JAX-RS
implementations that I'm aware of (Apache CXF and RESTeasy) behaves this
way.

But I know I could be wrong here. What do you think?
Any insights are appreciated.

Regards
Greg