users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Is this project dead?

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 19:20:25 +0100

Marek,

I think what we actually need is a bit more frequent updates on the Jersey and JAX-RS web sites regarding what is going on behind the scenes to prevent discussions like this one. Apparently the community doesn't feel appropriately informed. It shouldn't take too much time to share a line on current work every other month, including facts like the one about JAX-RS 2.0.1 vs JAX-RS 2.1, or a few lines about the frequency of merging pullrequests or the general fix inclusion policy. And it prevents investing time in fruitless debates on release cycles and version numbers.

Often people do not really want to complain about what they told you, but just feel uninformed and disappointed due to a lack of frequent web site updates and don't know how to phrase it otherwise.

Just my experience with cases like this one.

Regards
-Markus