users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Jersey 2.7 giving up on jdk 1.6?

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 14:42:52 +0100

A minor correction:

Jersey 2.7 and higher does not support Java SE 6 for server-side and all the extensions. The core client module will still be maintained to run on Java SE 6. We do not want to be too strict about client runtime, but we really believe that with Java SE 6 being EOLed, server-side runtime has to move to Java SE 7 or higher.

Marek

P.S. We clearly didn't do a great job of giving heads-up to the community about our decision to move to Java SE 7. The lesson has been learned. Once we decide to switch also the remaining core common & client modules, we will make sure to do a better job of letting you know in advance to avoid surprises.