users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: RESTful POST request cannot call SOAP web service, but RESTful GET can

From: Ted M. Young [_at_jitterted] <tedyoung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 16:19:54 -0800

Hi Dean,

I'm a bit confused with what you're trying to do, so code (or even better,
a pointer to a GitHub repo or a Gist) would help, along with stack traces
or information about what connection is timing out. I've done simple Web
API POSTs as facades for SOAP, so there's no inherent problem here.

It's true that SOAP calls are done as POSTs, but I'm not sure if that's
relevant.

JavaScript _could_ call a SOAP web service, but you probably don't want to
do that (it's really cumbersome).

;ted
--
http://about.me/tedmyoung