users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: JERSEY-2172: No way to look up a resource by its URI

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 03:25:11 +0100

Hello Cowwoc,

There are no outstanding questions. I just didn't have time to review your last issue comment yet. From what I just read I would agree with you that your initial interpretation of JAX-RS resource meaning is different from the JAX-RS spec itself. JAX-RS resource is really more of a resource controller.

Off the top of my head, my immediate reaction would be that using JAX-RS matching algorithm to locate a couple data models from a database is an overkill. There should be a more efficient way how to do it. In any case, I would want to give it more thought and revisit the issue again when we finish work on more pressing tasks that we have on our plate at the moment.

Regards,
Marek