users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Grizzly Container

From: Robert DiFalco <robert.difalco_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 18:32:09 -0800

It's difficult to condense into a small case and it is proprietary. But I
am not doing anything special besides using the JacksonFeature.

On one of my unit tests I am getting a 500 and I can't figure out how to
configure logging so that it is showing the cause in the test output.

I'm pretty sure I know what is causing it. I have a bean, and I am putting
just one property of the bean. With Jersey 1.9 and Jackson this would
succeed. But with Jersey 2.4.1 it seems that Jackson is having a problem
with only one field of the bean being passed as a JSON string.

And for some reason, I am no longer seeing the marshaling exceptions. I see
the stuff I am logging with SL4J and LogBack but nothing else.

Is there a flag or Java Logging file I need to have log output go to the
console? I can't imagine the jersey team swallows the marshaling errors
without logging them. So I must have some simple thing not configured, I'm
horribly inept with JUL. I typically use Log4J, SL4J, or just logback.