users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Jackson vs. MOXy

From: Robert DiFalco <robert.difalco_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 13:41:06 -0800

I'm migrating from Jersey 1.9 to 2.x. Wow, what a lot of odds and ends to
relearn. It looks like Moxy is preferred over Jackson (which I use in other
parts of my code). I can make this change but before I do I have some
questions:

    1. Why is MOXy the "preferred" approach for Jersey 2.x?
    2. Why was it selected over Jackson?
    3. Have there been any speed comparisons between Moxy and Jackson for
POJO mapping?
    4. Should I just stick with Jackson for Jersey 2.x or will I get some
special goodness from MOXy that I wont with Jackson?