users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Oracle ending commercial support of Glassfish

From: Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 16:53:23 +0200

Hi Gili

Weblogic ships with a JAXRS implementation based on Jersey as far as I can
see :
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/web.1111/e13734/rest.htm
So even if I put my most pessimistic hat on, I would say no they won't pull
people off it.
But then again, I don't know for sure :)

Oracle had two commercially supported products that competed directly
against each other which was confusing.
They merely took away the one.

I've seen a lot of Jersey versions come out since the release of JavaEE 7,
and I don't expect it to stop.

regards
Richard