users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Jersey 2.0 for project in production around April-May

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 17:47:21 +0100

On Jan 7, 2013, at 5:19 PM, cowwoc <cowwoc_at_bbs.darktech.org> wrote:

> Not to throw a wrench in anyone's plans, but I hope Jersey 2.0 isn't rushed out the door.

Jersey 2.0 is going to be released as part of Java EE 7 stack. We are certainly trying to make sure it's not rushed.

> Let's knock out as many feature requests that break backwards compatibility

BW incompatibility is unfortunately inevitable. JAX-RS 2.0 clientAPI, filters and interceptors API etc. effectively replace many legacy Jersey 1.x public APIs. For these APIs the plan is to provide a migration guide or, where possible and practical to provide a bridge implementation. It's almost clear now that, without significant help from community, such work on bridge implementations may need to be postponed until after Jersey 2.0 is released.

> and be 100% sure that end up with a sound design before making this release.

If you have any concerns about current J2.0 design, please let us know - ideally via dev_at_jersey mailing list! We would certainly appreciate any such feedback - that's one of the benefits of being open-source.

Marek