users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] ApplicationPath not in the jar file

From: <david_at_traveltripper.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 17:54:26 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I am just starting with Jersey and am using a Servlet 3.0 container so
I can deploy without using the web.xml deployment descriptor. This
requires using the @ApplicationPath annotation on my Application class.

However, eclipse won't compile this. When I look at the contents of my
jsr311-api-0.8.jar file there is no ApplicationPath type. All of the
other types defined in the javax.ws.rs package, (where that type is
supposed to live), are present in the jar.

I am using ivy to retrieve this from the maven repository. It gets me
all the jars I need, but this missing type is strange. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Regards!