users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Measuring execution time for each resource method separately

From: Marshall Pierce <marshall_at_mpierce.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 22:47:44 -0800

On 12/29/2011 07:23 PM, Coda Hale wrote:
> Perfect! That was exactly what I needed. Now the ResourceMethodDispatchProvider is a pure decorator.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- Coda Hale http://codahale.com
> On Thursday, December 29, 2011 at 6:07 PM, George Sapountzis wrote:
>> haven't looked at the code but there is a
>> ResourceMethodDispatchAdapter extension point which may be useful

Embarrassingly, I found that interface and ignored it because it said
Adapter and I couldn't see how that could be relevant... ah well. I'm
glad someone was more thorough than I was. :)

Coda, do you see a reason to be particularly concerned with the order in
which metrics are measured around a resource method invocation? In other
words, if I make an abstraction around applying metrics like I described
earlier, do you think it's worth the effort to allow the user to specify
the order in which metrics are measured? (If this is straying too far
afield from jersey usage I'm happy to take the answer off-list.)