users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: could not be mapped to a response, re-throwing to the HTTP container

From: Lukas Lentner <kontakt_at_lukaslentner.de>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 19:31:50 +0200

I did it using a ExceptionMapper:

package com.perfectprintpattern.service.exception.handling;

import javax.ws.rs.core.Context;
import javax.ws.rs.core.Response;
import javax.ws.rs.ext.ExceptionMapper;
import javax.ws.rs.ext.Provider;

import com.perfectprintpattern.service.exception.customError.CustomErrorException;

@Provider
public class CustomExceptionMapper implements
    ExceptionMapper<CustomErrorException> {

  @Context
  protected HttpServletRequest request;

  public Response toResponse(CustomErrorException exception) {

    this.request.setAttribute("javax.servlet.jsp.jspException", exception);

    return Response.status(exception.getStatus()).build();

  }

}

works great!!!