users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Is Jersey/Jersey client duplicating requests -- yup, it does

From: Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:55:31 -0700

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 8:32 AM, peterjca <p.cameron_at_monitormedia.co.uk> wrote:
> The standard client works as well now.
>
> I disagree that it's not a bug. If you don't read all responses then, as far
> as my app was concerned, the side-effect was catastrophic.

You may be barking up the wrong tree. Network connections are
inherently unreliable, and sometimes requests and responses get lost,
usually due to timeouts. Timeouts can be triggered by either party
(client, server), and at multiple levels.
Servlet container, for example, can time out a connection; as can
underlying http library.
And when a timeout occurs, in-flight data needs to be thrown away.

So while it is possible jersey client does something wrong, that is
not yet obvious from symptoms.

-+ Tatu +-