users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Jersey hangs when invalid JSON is sent in POST request

From: Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 09:43:27 -0700

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 1:28 AM, setanta.mathews_at_gmail.com
<setanta.mathews_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> To fully switch to JSON Jackson support, which would
>> work also for a non-JAXB classes, and with simplified
>> configuration, you may want to set the JSON POJO mapping
>> feature as described at [1]. No JAXBContext resolver
>> would be then needed.
>>

> I tried this approach but found that while it was very easy to marshal
> objects to JSON, frequently this JSON  could not be unmarshalled back into
> the objects. Of course, a solution would be to fix this with jackson

This sounds odd, except for wrapping case. I never quite understood
why wrapping was needed (except for compatibility purposes), so while
it is added on serialization, there is no counterpart for
deserialization (one could be added, of course, if users wanted it).

But it sounds like you have some other issue? If so, please let us
know at Jackson project,

-+ Tatu +-