users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Jersey hangs when invalid JSON is sent in POST request

From: nbaliga <nbaliga_at_cleartrial.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 14:54:32 -0700 (PDT)

Jakub,
I tried out what you mentioned w.r.t. the JSON POJO mapping feature. Looks
like I will lose out on the
JsonConfiguration.natural().rootUnwrapping(false) capability. That is, I
want to see the @XmlRootElement's name value parameter in the output.

Obviously this is a Jackson issue, if as you say, everything is delegated to
Jackson in the JSON POJO mapping feature.

After digging around a bit, I think I see that Jackson has an issue resolved
for this in Jackson 1.7
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JACKSON-163
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JACKSON-163

However in order to avail of this fix, i have to be able to access the
SerializationConfig i.e. the ObjectMapper instance that Jersey is using.

Any idea whether how I can go about doing this? Any way to pass
configuration to Jackson via Jersey?

Thanks,
Naresh