users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Reducing boot time for Jersey + Grizzly server

From: Arnaud Bailly <arnaud.oqube_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 19:51:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Oleksiy,
Thanks for your answer. I must confess I did not measure precisely the boot
time, this is just a human feeling. And the console logs seem to point to
the class scanning mechanims of Jersey as the main "culprit" :-)

Anyway, I managed to find a simple solution: Use an Application object to
pass to the servlet container, with all resources and providers created
explicitly in the getSingletons() overriden method. I am not sure this is
canonical but works pretty well and BTW solves a problem I had with
maintaining singleton semantics through static variables, which I basically
hate...

Regards,
Arnaud