users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Supporting SSL between GF and MySQL

From: Craig McClanahan <craigmcc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 23:06:33 -0700

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 8:41 PM, Arthur Yeo <artyyeo_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Now, I have been successful in establishing SSL channels between external
> browsers and GF (where my WebServices [WS] live).
> But, I also need to secure the communications between my POJO code in my
> RESTful WS talking to MySQL.
>
> Isn't that really an issue for your MySQL JDBC driver to deal with?

A quick skim of the MySQL documentation[1] implies that this should be
possible, although you'll have to go through the pain of providing a valid
client (i.e. your webapp's server) SSL certificate that can be recognized as
valid by MySQL in order to make this work.

Craig McClanahan

[1]
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/connector-j-reference-using-ssl.html