users@jersey.java.net

Re: Supporting SSL between GF and MySQL

From: Arthur Yeo <artyyeo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 07:52:53 -0700

As an aside, let's assume that MySQL has SSL turned ON.

But, the MySQL client (in our case, the RESTful WS) needs to know SSL.

If I set up MySQL as a rsrc in GF and have it registered as a pooled rsrc
(with the right JDBC connection string including the SSL port), how would
that stack up?
Does it mean that when my Java code grabs a JDBC connection, it will be
automatically be communicating in a secure channel? It seemed like the JDBC
driver has to know that.

Am I heading the right path?

--
Arthur Y.