users@jersey.java.net

Jersey Test Framework init failures

From: Charley Robinson <c+java.net_at_wobbals.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 18:46:51 -0700

Howdy-
Suddenly, one of my jersey webservices is failing to run it's test harness
from maven. It appears the grizzly container is silently failing, leaving an
unsatisfying trail of logs:
 T E S T S
Running IpAddressJpaTest
Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 1, Time elapsed: 0.133 sec
Running CidrblockResourceTest
Jul 30, 2010 6:18:21 PM
com.sun.jersey.test.framework.spi.container.grizzly.web.GrizzlyWebTestContainerFactory$GrizzlyWebTestContainer
<init>
INFO: Creating Grizzly Web Container configured at the base URI
http://localhost:9998/
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.095 sec
<<< FAILURE!
Running CidrblockJpaTest
Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 1, Time elapsed: 0.01 sec
...and so on

Reading the surefire reports just shows a connection refused exception --
the request is making it to the local server, but nothing's listening as
Grizzly never finished start up.

Running the sample app tests such as helloworld-1.3, and even other web
services we're working on all look fine. We've got similar dependencies in
pom.xml files for these projects.

Question: Is there any way to get more verbose logging on the Grizzly
container when running mvn test? I want to figure out why this thing is
dying (silently).
Thanks,
Charley