users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] jersey-atom and JDom

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 09:32:07 +0200

On Jun 4, 2010, at 8:32 PM, Johannes Schneider wrote:

> On 06/04/2010 08:20 PM, Johannes Schneider wrote:
>> I have found jersey-atom-abdera in another sample.
>> I think that one might be better....
>
> But this *realeased* version has a dependency to abdera-1.0-
> SNAPSHOT!
> And a crazy repository definition...

There is a reason for this.

The Abdera project sort of went into zombie mode, it never released a
stable version.

However, i have just rechecked and the project seems to be
resurrected. A stable 1.0 released was shipped on 2nd May, over 1 year
after Abdera moved from the incubating status. So i think we can
update the pom of this module.

BTW the jersey-atom module uses Rome which in turn depends on JDom.
Rome is useful if you want to interoperate with Atom and RSS feeds,
but if you want just to use Atom then Abdera is better.

Paul.