users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Re: Setting server preferred media type

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 18:33:58 +0200

On Jun 16, 2010, at 6:27 PM, Tim Williams wrote:
> Thanks Paul, that's great. Google isn't helping me find documentation
> for this feature, if you could point me somewhere useful, I'm happy to
> RTM btw:)

It is rather obscurely documented here:

   https://jersey.dev.java.net/nonav/apidocs/latest/jersey/com/sun/jersey/api/view/ImplicitProduces.html

but what it requires is a section in the user guide, so i need to get
off my lazy backside and write it!

> I notice that the qs value gets sent to the client along with the MIME
> type, is there a way to turn that off?

Not currently.

> Or, is a 'qs' attribute
> allowed for all MIME types?

I suspect any parameter can be allowed with clients ignoring stuff
they do not understand. For example you can add the parameter
"foo=bar" to a produceable media type.

Paul.