users@jersey.java.net

Sending a File as a parameter

From: Chuck Dascalos <dascalos_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:19:56 -0400

I want to do something as simple as this, send a file to the webservice, and return it's name.

@Path("/processimage")
public class ProcessImageResource {

    @POST
    @Consumes("image/jpg")
    @Produces("text/plain")
    public String processImage(File image) {
        return image.getName();
    }
}

Attempting to test this, using something like this...

    public void testProcessImage() {
       WebResource r;

        File bob = new File("lena.jpg");

        String responseMsg = r.path("processimage").type(MediaType.something_here).post(String.class, bob);
        assertEquals("lena.jpg", responseMsg);
    }

Would it be better to do this with a GET?

Most
of the Post examples I have seen show them sending in multipart form
parameters. I only want to send in one parameter, so what should I use
for mediatype?

Thanks for any help at all.