users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] RFH Jersey MVC - Reading JSPs from a Jar

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 16:49:18 +0200

On May 25, 2010, at 11:21 AM, Imran M Yousuf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are currently working on a multi-module maven Java project. We want
> to use Jersey for our REST API and Templating (Jersey MVC). The
> challenge that we face is that, AFAIK, currently Jersey reads the
> Viewable JSP from WebApp doc root; in our case different modules,
> which are jar packaged, consist of their own views; now when the
> modules are assembled in a WAR we want the views to work exactly in
> the same manner as the resources. Can you please suggest me how to
> achieve it?

You can change the base location where JSPs are located:

https://jersey.dev.java.net/nonav/apidocs/latest/jersey/com/sun/jersey/spi/container/servlet/ServletContainer.html
#JSP_TEMPLATES_BASE_PATH

But i do not think that suits your need.

How are you assembling the war? do you want JSPs to be served from the
WEB-INF/classes or from jar files in WEB-INF/lib?

AFAIK JSPs must be placed in the web area of the war.

Paul.