users@jersey.java.net

File Download Dialog

From: emile <shrrrine_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 07:18:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am using a method with my Resource that downloads file content.

@GET
public Response getFile()
{
InputStream in = null;
in = new BufferedInputStream(new FileInputStream(file));
return Response.ok(in, strMimeType).build();
}

When i send a request to the Resource, I get a file download dialog with
Open and Save. When i click the Open button, a new request is sent to the
resource and only after that is the file displayed. Not sure why this is
happening. Tried the same with StreamingOutput as well but in vain.

TIA,
Emile