users@jersey.java.net

Google App Engine support

From: Kevin Duffey <andjarnic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 13:56:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I saw some threads back in mid/end of last year. Wondering if any new version of Jersey provides support to be deployed in GAE? If not, is there a write-up anywhere on how to get Jersey to work with GAE?

I use an XSD, generate the Jax-B java classes, and pass those around. I've only built the server-side that takes in the JAX-B classes and uses them directly. Is this possible to support yet in GAE? I read that I don't need to include the JAX-B jar files.. as the Java 6 on GAE supports them?

I am using the Eclipse plugin for GAE, and I am quite impressed how easy it is to develop/test/deploy, not to mention I had no idea it was completely free if you use their free domain name... 2GB per day is plenty for simple/basic apps and services.

I'd really like to be able to deploy some services for testing by developers, before I attempt to launch it on EC2 and pay more money. I'd like to look at using a domain I register, mapped to the GAE deployment for the time being while I have an alpha/beta test, then later redirect the domain to the EC2 deployment when it's ready to be released. Anyone done something like this?

Anyway, wanted to get a rough idea of what to do to get my services working. I just started with GAE to help a friend put up a site, and thought it would be nice to be able to deploy REST services as well using Jersey.

Thanks.