users@jersey.java.net

RE: [Jersey] Jersey to require Java SE 6?

From: Markus Karg <markus.karg_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:57:16 +0100

As Java 6 is on the market for years now, and as JPA was invented far after
Java 6 was there, and as there had been no official Java EE including JPA
before Java EE 6, I'd like to say: Ignore Java 5! Java 6 exists even for
AIX, Z/OS and OS/400, so I think this would be a good trigger for anybody to
move to Java 6 now. There are no technical constraints to not do it, it's
just the missing will.