users@jersey.java.net

Re: Multipart Post

From: sshapero <basscakes_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 23:18:43 -0800 (PST)

Hi Paul

I decided to change strategies and wrote an implementation of
MessageBodyWriter and created MyMultiPart to go with it. While going
against what I know to be best practices, the former is just a copy of the
standard MultiPartWriter, while the ladder extends FormDataMultiPart. I
added this crass bit to MyMultiPartWriter.writeTo to solve my issue:

    String hackedContentDisposition =
bodyPart.getContentDisposition().toString();
    hackedContentDisposition = hackedContentDisposition.replace(";name", ";
name");
    bodyHeaders.putSingle("Content-Disposition", hackedContentDisposition);

Horrid I know but it gets 'er done. I didn't quite grasp how I could use
the BAOS to avoid doing what I did. I feel ok about it, as we are going to
change the architecture down the road to eliminate the need for this
particular service end point (hahahaha I know famous last words).

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and help out, it is sincerely
appreciated. We've invested a lot of time in using the jersey client
libraries so I'm happy we found a way to work it out.

Thanks again
Steve