users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] RESTful WS: How to return something different than String?

From: Oscar Calderon <oscar.kalderon_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:00:28 -0600

I was reading about this, but it's a little bit confuse for me, but i
understood that first, if i have an object that i want to serialize
(example, a Employee class) i have to build my EmployeeProvider , a
class that implements MessageBodyWriter<Employee> then implement the 3
methods. After that, i guess that i have to use that class in my
resource class. I've seen that the method must return a Response object
right? I've download Jersey sample applications, somebody knows if one
of that applications has a concrete example about how to use
MessageBodyWriter (building and using custom providers or using out of
the box providers)?