users@jersey.java.net

RE: [Jersey] JAX-RS == REST? Or not? (was Re: [Jersey] What HATEOAS actually means)

From: Markus Karg <markus.karg_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:29:52 +0100

Tatu,

I agree with that. The interpretation of how a shopping cart works like is
ambiguous as I talked aver "actual" carts and others about "virtual" ones.
;-) So the ATM example is a bit clearer. Why not joining us at rest-discuss
for further discussions? :-)

Regards

Markus

As to more important points, I think I get it: resource state (managed by
resource owner) and discussion state (only managed by client) is an
important distinction.
Shopping cart not being a good (enough) use case to help understand bigger
issues.
And there being many areas that could be discussed but that go beyond
general focus (and interest).