users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] RESTful Ordering (was: JAX-RS == REST? Or not? (was Re: [Jersey] What HATEOAS actually means))

From: Felipe Gaścho <fgaucho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:22:52 +0100

> and nothing bad will happen if the client follows it unconditionally and the server rejects this attempt.

yep, that is my current option...

I promise to try to understand the value of a "client state".. because
most of system I ever worked in life has no meaning for such thing..
as soon the data remains stored in the server side....... Looking to
see a real and easy-to-understand usage for such feature..

Your example of an ATM machine doesn't appear to help since doesn't
matter what the client is seeing on the screen, every transaction will
require a server side validation against the state stored in the
server side ... So, such state in the client side is a temporary and
worthless data... only when the ATM opens a session and the operator
requests a transaction on the terminal (debt, payment, etc.) the data
is consistent.. and for a small amount of time..

but perhaps I am missing something.. I will keep following your
threads.. let's see.......