users@jersey.java.net

How to Get Remote IP address in JAX/RS with Grizzly

From: Gary Murphy <glm_at_hilbertinc.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:51:41 -0600

I would like to get the remote IP address of the JAX-RS client for
logging purposes. I understand that I can inject an HttpServletRequest
if I am running in a servlet container, but I am using the Grizzly
server embedded in my application container.

I looked through the Grizzly documentation and can't quite determine
what class I need to implement (ProtocolHandler, perhaps?) and how to
attach it to the Grizzly pipeline created for me by the Jersey
integration with Grizzly.

I would prefer a lower-level technique so I can integrate it in my
application framework instead of injecting into each resource.

Thanks.